- By: Padm1n
- Tags: Concrete Sealing Contractors, Driveway Paver Cleaning and Sealing
- Category: Patio Maintenance, Uncategorized
- 0 comment
You have a wide range of options when it comes to selecting the type of driveway materials you want to use for your Sacramento home. One of the more popular materials is concrete, including decorative colored concrete. Another top choice is the use of driver pavers, which are interlocking smaller stone, brick, or concrete pieces placed in a specific manner to create patterns or other decorative images.
As a homeowner, it is important to remember no driveway material is maintenance-free. If you do not take care of your driveway, it will wear out and start to show the signs of aging much sooner than with the right types of care and maintenance. In order to keep your driveway looking great for years to come, you will want to schedule driveway paver cleaning and sealing services from a reliable company at regular intervals.
Why Do I Need Both Driveway Paver Cleaning and Sealing Services?
Cleaning the driveway definitely is an important routine maintenance task that should be done to help keep dirt, debris, and grime off the driveway surface. However, cleaning alone does not protect the pavers or concrete from staining, fading, and attracting more dirt. Over repeated cleanings WITHOUT sealing, driveway materials can attract dirt much faster.
This is because the pavers or concrete slabs become more porous, which means there are more tiny openings in the surface area for dirt to get stuck in. Additionally, removing the dirt starts to become even more difficult as it is getting deeper and deeper into the pavers or concrete. Not to mention, if oil, grease, or other types of materials that can stain the pavers and concrete get onto the driveway, it will absorb these much faster.
Sealing helps protect the surface layer of the driveway after it has been cleaned. The sealant helps repel dirt, debris, grease, oil, and other debris. Furthermore, sealants help seal in between cracks where weeds, moss, and grass could potentially grow. Regular sealing even helps protect against fading from the strong direct UV ray sunlight.
What Other Driveway Maintenance Is Needed?
Besides regular professional driveway paver cleaning and sealing services, you will want to perform other preventative maintenance tasks, as follows:
- Sweep off your driveway at least once a week. Remove leaves, dirt, and debris from the surface to keep it looking great. You can use a garden hose with a garden nozzle to spray off the driveway—but NEVER use a power washer, as this can remove the sealant.
- Avoid using chemicals on or over the driveway. Various chemicals like deicers, oil, and antifreeze can eat away at the sealant and slowly remove it. If you need to work on your car or do other tasks, make sure to put down a tarp or another covering over the work area to protect the driveway. If you accidentally spill something onto the driveway, clean it up right away.
- Keep heavy vehicles off the driveway. Moving trucks and large commercial vehicles are not supported by most residential driveways. The weight of these vehicles can crack pavers and concrete and cause other damages.
To learn more about cleaning and sealing a new or existing driveway in the greater Sacramento area, please feel free to contact California Paver Restorations at (916) 886-0336 today!