- By: Padm1n
- Tags: Cleaning and Sealing Pavers, Paver Cleaning and Sealing
- Category: Uncategorized
- 0 comment
The pavers used for your patio, sidewalk, entryway, or driveway all make your home look beautiful and charming. Yet, it might seem difficult to keep up with regular paver maintenance, including paver cleaning and sealing, due to your busy and active lifestyle.
Over time, you will start to notice the signs of neglect for the pavers used around your home—like premature aging and deterioration. Some of the more common problems homeowners could experience include:
- Faded or “bleaching” of the paver’s surface: Direct sunlight will slowly cause the top layer of the pavers to fade or even start to turn white.
- Cracked, broken, and damaged pavers: Neglected pavers can crack, break, or even come loose from the area where they are installed.
- Moss, weeds, and grass growing in between pavers: The small sections in between pavers are perfect areas for moss, weeds, and grass to grow. The roots of weeds and grass can even grow into the pavers, making them very difficult to remove.
Fortunately, it is not difficult to keep up with maintenance when you get help from an experienced cleaning and sealing pavers service company. Even if you have put off maintenance and your pavers are looking a little worse for wear, there are services available to help restore them to their former beauty.
Paver Cleaning and Sealing Steps
- Step 1: Restore and repair any damaged pavers. The first step is to take care of any damage or restoration work, like removing moss, weeds, and grass from in between the pavers.
- Step 2: Remove stains and discolorations from the pavers. The next step to address any staining or discolorations in the pavers.
- Step 3: Power wash the pavers. The third step is to remove dirt and debris from the top layer of the pavers and uncover the original, beautiful pavers hidden underneath.
- Step 4: Clean the pavers. After power washing the pavers and allowing them to fully dry, they still need to be cleaned. Make sure they are free from dirt, leaves, sand, and other debris.
- Step 5: Apply the appropriate paver sealant to the pavers. There are different types of sealants which will vary, based on the type of pavers you have installed around your home. It is essential to use the right sealant.
- Step 6: Touch up pavers with more sealant. After the initial layer of sealant dries, the pavers should be inspected to verify they were fully covered. If there are any areas that were missed, more sealant is applied to cover those areas.
- Step 7: Enjoy your restored, cleaned, and sealed pavers. Once all the work is done, you will appreciate how great your pavers look and how it improves the look of your home.
Please keep in mind that the above steps are generalized processes. The exact services you need can and do vary, based on the current condition of your pavers. In addition, once your pavers are fully restored, cleaned, and sealed, it is important to have them resealed every year or two in order to maintain their appearance.
For further information about cleaning and sealing pavers and other related services for your home in the greater Sacramento area, please feel free to contact California Paver Restorations at (916) 886-0336 today!